Building & Contents Insurance


We always advise that Building and Contents insurance policies are sought by landlords from specialist lenders who are experienced in this area of insurance, as standard lenders are often not willing to insure buy-to-let properties.

Appropriate contents insurance should also be taken out if your property is either furnished or part-furnished.

Douglas Allen can provide a competitive insurance policy that includes Public Liability and covers the standard requirements, which can protect landlords against deliberately damaged properties and unforced entry by tenants.

Building & contents insurance


We advise tenants to take out further contents insurance for personal items that will not be covered under the landlord’s own contents insurance policy. Personal belongings are the responsibility of the tenant and will, therefore, not be covered by the landlord under any circumstances throughout the duration of the letting agreement.

To help protect tenants against accidental damage to both the property and the its contents, we recommend tenants use Homelet, who provide comprehensive cover on contents and deposits, and are one of the most popular insurers on the market.

Residential Property

Residential properties must be covered by building insurance as standard. At Douglas Allen, we offer a competitive Building Contents Policy that is accepted by all lenders.

Our comprehensive building contents insurance provides protection for both your property and its contents, and also covers against accidental damage. This gives you the assurance that your insurance is a pure safeguard against any misdemeanour, both inside and out of your property.

How can we help?

Protect your home! Get a FREE quote. Request a callback by completing our form.

Monday - Thursday 9am-6pm
Friday 9am-5pm

Home Insurance Quote


Try our Buyer Finder:

Show me the buyers